<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/32832770?origin\x3dhttp://amylbernier.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

SUMMER

Walking into the trailer, I felt a moistness. It was a strange, but not unpleasant moistness, almost sweet. The corners of my mouth were curling into an involuntary smile at the humid coolness and lulling hum of the air-conditioner coming from somewhere near the back of the trailer. My shoes felt hot and tight on my feet, so I slid them off, and was delighted to feel my bare feet sinking into thick, icy carpeting. Slowly, I walked through what seemed to be a living room, letting my hair slither down my back, out of its bun, into curls the color of chestnuts, red apples, and wheat. Cool moistness enveloped my itching, fevered body, causing my eyelids to droop in sleepy contentment.